Saturday, March 29, 2008

A New Approach


A few months back I was at a place where I needed to start something new in my Bible reading and study time. So a friend and I decided to read the Gospel of John as we study through parts of it in a discipleship workbook. But, instead of the approach I've always taken, (reading a chapter a day until I'm done with the whole book) I have taken a different approach. I have been reading the same chapter every day for 7 days, and I am learning so much! Throughout the week I also read the notes from my JMacArthur study Bible, and try to jot down just one main thought each day to meditate on. Spending 7 days on each chapter allows me to really live with the content, and helps me notice and ponder things that I always missed before by covering a greater number of verses in a shorter amount of time. It has been a rich way to take in the Word and meditate on it through out the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© To Live For Him, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena