Sunday, December 11, 2011

Long Way Home

This is fast becoming one of my all-time favorite songs from Steven Curtis Chapman, and I have been loving his music for a long, long time.

Long Way Home
by Steven Curtis Chapman

I set out on a great adventure

The day my father started leading me home

He said there gonna be some mountains to climb

And some valleys we’re gonna go thorough

But I had no way of knowing

Just how hard this journey could be

Cause the mountains are steeper and the valleys are deeper

Than I ever would have dreamed


But I know we’re gonna make it

And I know we’re gonna get there soon

And I know some times it seems like were

Going the wrong way

But it’s just a long way home

I've got some rocks in my shoes

Fears I wish I could lose

They make the mountain so hard to climb

And my heart gets so heavy

With the weight of the world some times


And there’s a bag of regrets

my "should have beens" and "not yets"

I keep on dragging around

And I can hardly can wait till the day I can lay them all down


Well I know that day is coming

And I know it’s gonna be here soon

And I know I won’t turn back even if the whole world

Says I’m going the wrong way

Cause it’s just a long way home


And when we can’t take another step

The Father will pick us up and carry us in his arms

And even on the best days

He says to remember we’re not home yet

So don’t get too comfortable

Cause all we really are is just pilgrims passing through


Well I know that day is coming

And I know it’s gonna be here soon

I’ll keep on singing and believing

What all of my songs say

Cause our God has made a promise

And I know that everything he says it’s true

And he promised he would never ever leave us

He’s gonna lead us, He’ll lead us home

Every single step of the long way home

So keep on we’re gonna make it

We’re just taking the long way home

Keep on we’re gonna make it

I know we’re gonna make it

It’s just a long way home


You can listen to it by clicking here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© To Live For Him, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena