A holiday like Father's Day always leaves me feeling a bit frustrated in my attempt to honor my husband, Brian. There are so many things I could try to write to express how grateful I am for the ways God has used him in my life and in the lives of our children. His impact for good has been so great, and my words seem to just fall short. But, that won't stop me from trying.
Above all, I am grateful to God for Brian's gracious and patient love for our children. It is quite convicting to live with at times, actually, but I am so thankful that Brian has modeled love in this way. I have seen him many times patiently listen to one of our children, though a long day had already left him exhausted, to truly find out their need and how to best help them. He has taken time to show that he cares more about loving them than pleasing himself, or simply not being bothered by the necessary work to find resolution. And while I know he would remind me that he hasn't done this perfectly, God's grace has prevailed and produced a sweet relationship between him and all of our children, as a result. I am so thankful that Brian has tried to keep his mind focused on the undeserved love and forgiveness of Christ in his own life, and that has made him humble and gracious toward others, especially toward our children. He has loved them sacrificially and generously, and I have been thankful for this example, especially at times when I was worn out and needed to be reminded that we must love our children whether we think they deserve it at any given moment or not.
Happy Father's Day, Mr. Wonderful! I am so thankful for you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment