Friday, March 15, 2013

I Will Go Because Christ Is Worthy

To those of you Christians who find yourselves in a place that is not what you had hoped it would be, in a ministry where you are experiencing conflict or are misunderstood or judged, or are simply worn out from the exhaustion that is part of pouring your life out in service, re-focus your eyes on the worthy Lord Jesus Christ.

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, FIXING OUR EYES ON JESUS, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."  (Hebrews 12:1-3)

He deserves all the sacrifices that you have made to serve Him and live for Him.  Who He is and what He has done makes Him completely worthy of the life you are giving away for the sake of His Name and to see His kingdom go forth. There are days when I have to remind myself of His worth, and it is usually when "I will serve You, Lord" sounds much more appealing than the reality of "I will serve the difficult people that You place in my life."  But when I retrace my steps to the cross, I remember that I was the sinner from whom He endured hostility.  Yet, He welcomed me as a friend, He gave His life so that the guilt and shame of my sin could be wiped away, and I could be treated by the Father as a righteous child.  I deserved nothing but I have been given Jesus.  That realigns my thinking, and is helping me sing the words to this Starfield song today with a joyful and grateful heart:

"I Will Go"

To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be

[Chorus:]
I will go, I will go
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me

Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change

[Chorus]

I wanna live for you
Go where you lead me
I wanna follow you

*************

Christ is worthy!

1 comments:

  1. I was encouraged by this today, Myra. Thank you. (Holly Tartaglia)

    ReplyDelete

© To Live For Him, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena