I love the lyrics to this Steven Curtis Chapman song. Whatever our circumstances, God is faithful. SCC wrote this after the tragic loss of his 5yo adopted daughter, and though I have never experienced loss like that, I still am greatly comforted by the truth expressed here.
In Deut. 7:9, it says, "Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments."
*******
FAITHFUL
I am broken
I am bleeding
I am scared and I’m confused
But You are faithful
Yes you are faithful
I am weary
Unbelieving
God please help my unbelief
Cuz You are faithful
Yes you are faithful
I will proclaim it to the world
I will declare it to my heart
Sing it when the sun is shining
I will scream it in the dark
You are faithful
You are faithful
When You give and when You take away
Even then still your name remains
Faithful
You are faithful
And with everything inside of me
I am choosing to believe
You are faithful
I am waiting for the rescue
That I know is sure to come
Cuz You are faithful
Yes You are faithful
I’ve dropped anchor in Your promises
And I am holding on
Cuz You are faithful
God, You are faithful
I will proclaim it to the world
I will declare it to my heart
Sing it when the sun is shining
I will scream it in the dark
You are faithful
You are faithful
When You give and when You take away
Even then still your name remains
Faithful
You are faithful
And with everything inside of me
I am choosing to believe
You’re faithful
So faithful
When I cannot have the answers
And I’m wanting to demand
I’ll remember you are God
And everything is in Your hands
With Your hands you put the sun and moon
And stars up in the sky
For the sake of love
You hung your own Son on the cross to die
You are faithful
Yes, You are faithful
When You give; when You take away
Even then great is your faithfulness
Great is your faithfulness
And with everything inside of me
I am choosing to believe
You are faithful
Ohhh
When You give and when You take away
Even then still your name is
Faithful
You are faithful
And with everything inside of me
I am choosing to believe
You are faithful
Listen to it here on youtube.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He is soooo faithful. Thanks for your encouragement.
ReplyDelete