
John chapter 10 is full to bursting with words of comfort and assurance from the Good Shepherd to all of us who are His little sheep.
First, the portrait painted of our Shepherd, here, shows Jesus Christ to be the one and only entrance into the fold of eternal life. He shows that He is the Good Shepherd (Jn 10:11), because He laid down His life for the sheep, He holds them securely in His hand, he leads them, going before them, and speaking to them, as He calls each one by name. The Good Shepherd protects them from harm, and provides them with food, water, and rest. He gives His flock life, ABUNDANT LIFE! And while He is Life to all who would follow Him, anyone else claiming to deliver eternal life is actually intending to steal, kill, and destroy those who follow them.
Second, the sheep can't help but follow the Good Shepherd. He has paid with His own life to bring each one into the fold, and they know that He can be trusted. His presence with them assures them that they will not be lost as they travel from their safe fold to pasture lands. When the wolves attack, He will be protection to them. His words soothe their hearts as He speaks to them, addressing each one intimately. They trust His promise of provision and rest, and they know that where He is taking them is for their ultimate good, their abundant good!
My favorite verses from this passage:
John 10:27-29: "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternl life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
I will go through my day today with the comfort of knowing that I am resting safely in the hands of my Good Shepherd! What a wonderful place to be!
My favorite verses from this passage:
John 10:27-29: "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternl life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one."
I will go through my day today with the comfort of knowing that I am resting safely in the hands of my Good Shepherd! What a wonderful place to be!
0 comments:
Post a Comment