Today I am thinking about the amazing power of God to change people, and it has moved me to be especially thankful!
When I look at my own life, I remember back to the days before Christ saved me 27 years ago. I was living to pursue my own selfish desires, and was only concerned about "doing what's right" if other people were watching. I saw God as demanding and angry, and people as irritating and an inconvenience to my agenda. But then God brought a friend along to live out and explain the Gospel to me. I began to understand who Jesus was and why He came and how greatly I needed Him. As He began to awaken my heart to truth, change was inevitable. How I viewed God, what I thought of Christ and His love demonstrated on the cross, how I see the people He has created and strategically placed around me.....all of that changed. He is filling my heart with love for Him and others, and I see that continuing to increase, regardless of my sin, because He is so powerful. There is so much that still needs to change in my sinful heart, but I have every confidence that He can do it, because nothing is too hard for God! His love for me has caused me to want to live for His agenda in this world, to see Christ exalted and proclaimed. That can only be His work, and I am extremely thankful!
2 Corinthians 5:17:
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."
Friday, November 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment